Hack Mac - Forums: Introduce Yourself! - Hack Mac - Forums

Welcome to the HackMac.org forums. You are currently viewing the boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to the features of our site. If you want to have full access to our forums and be able to post new topics, private message other users, and much more, you can register for free. Join us today!
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introduce Yourself!

#1 User is offline   Evan Savage 

• Staff

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hey everyone –

We'd love to start meeting everyone who is a part of our community here, and we think the best way to do this is through a thread like this! Feel free to say a couple quick things about yourself so others can start to know more about you.

I'll start:

I'm Evan Savage. I do IT for several organizations in my hometown and love to work with Macs. I've helped create this website to aid people in understanding Macs a bit better, and I look forward to answering your questions and talking to all of you!

Your turn!

#2 User is offline   MacMischief 

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

hey, i am MacMischief – i won't share my real name though! I'm just a casual mac hacker. i don't work in IT but I like learning about different ways to access computers and i look forward to learning more in these forums!

#3 User is offline   james452 

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi everyone, my name is James. I'm new to Mac security, but I'm eager to learn more. Macs are far superior to Windows computers in my opinion, and I want to know as much about them as I can, because I think they'll be more common than Windows someday.

#4 User is offline   ticktock 

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'm ticktock, and I've just started learning more about macs. I want to keep learning, just like James!

#5 User is offline   LgpMcFly 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hello, My name is Luis McFly, i'm here because i want to keep learning about Mac's Security and how to use this information for obtain benefits =D

#6 User is offline   Jeff Browning 

• Staff

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hey guys!

I'm Jeff Browning, also a Mac IT guy, and I enjoy tinkering with the operating system; whether it's getting it to run on non-Apple hardware or decrypting passwords, I'm all over it.

I love talking tech stuff, so I'm particularly looking forward to the growth of this new community, because I know that I'll enjoy it just has much as everyone else.

#7 User is offline   Josh Fletcher 

• HackMac.org Regular

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Hey,

My name is Josh Fletcher, and i love hardware. I've taken apart my fare-share of macs and swapped out hard drives, disk drives, and video cards, but recently I've seen the benefit in knowing just as much in software as in hardware, hence the reason i'm on the site. I'm hungry for new information and can't wait for this site to keep expanding!

~Josh Fletcher

#8 User is offline   Alex Galvin 

• Staff

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hi, I'm Alex Galvin.

I'm a relatively new member to the mac security scene, so I'm not as "pro" as Evan or Jeff, but I love everything about Macs and OS X and I am always working to expand my knowledge. And as I learn new skills, and new tricks for macs, I will endeavor to pass my new found knowledge onto you. I love to hear other peoples opinions, and I am only human, so if you ever see a mistake in one of my posts, please point it out.

I look forward to working with all of you to improve our mac skills!

#9 User is offline   dunndou 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

My names Doug, I am a Computer Science major and i've been using a mac for the last 5 years now and i am currently a computer maintenance tech for my university. I've had my maintenance job for a little over a year now. I've had the privilege to work on a large verity of macs, ranging for PowerBook G3/G4 to Apples as new Spring 2011. I have a LARGE amount of experience with any type of Mac hardware repairs. I also am currently developing and iPad application that allows real time modifications to environments that are loaded into the virtual reality lab. I'm developing this application as a Undergraduate research project. Which i hope to have completed before this December. If you anyone has any questions regarding problems that are hardware related please feel free to send me a PM. I will try to reply as quickly as possible.

Experience With
iMac (5 Flavors)
iMac G5
iMac 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Mac Mini
Mac Mini (Mac OS X Server, Late 2009)
Mac Mini (Mid 2007)

Mac Pro
Mac Pro Server
Mac Pro (8-core)

iBook
iBook G4
iBook G4 (Mid 2005)

MacBook (13-inch)
MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009)
MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2010)

MacBook Air
MacBook Air (late 2008)
MacBook Air (mid 2009)
MacBook Air (13-inch, Late 2010)

MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo)
MacBook Pro (15/17 - inch 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)

PowerBook G3/G4

#10 User is offline   Med101 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Hello, I'm Med101 not too hard to guess...

Purchased my first mac four years ago, and now own a macbook pro. Really I had no knowledge about what to do with a mac besides the applications, purchasing more apps, downloading music, simple things. Then I ran into this little thing called firesheep and things got a little more "interesting" So I started wondering how to crack the wep codes in the wifi networks because truly I am not about to pay 60 dollars for internet. So I searched and came across this site and it caught my attention how friendly it was. So I am here to learn to learn what I can about macs.

Thank You =D

#11 User is offline   Lokichaotico 

• PipPip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hey guys, my name is Mike. I ran into this site a few days ago and have been on it every day since. I absolutely love the attitude of the community and the down to earth explanations of everything. You guys are all amazing, thanks for the wonderful tutorials and forum posts. I am very new to the mac security scene and bash/AppleScripting but am very excited to learn all you guys are willing to teach. I have been using apple products since I was a boy and my family got our first Apple M0420 Mac Classic Desktop. I was the president of the computer club in high school and started college as a Comp. Sci. major my junior year. Although I have since changed my major, my passion for learning whatever I can about computers keeps getting stronger. I am part of a Mac family and am glad I found hackmac. I look forward to the next set of bash and AppleScript tutorials. BTW, thanks for the Admin hack and SSH tutorial. My dad bet me I couldn't get past the security on his MacBook Pro and thanks to these articles I had him freaking out for half an hour today about his computer talking to him, it was epic.
~~Mike~~

#12 User is offline   Joshua159258 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:50 AM

My name is Joshua Hagen, I like boobs ( . Y . ).

We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.
United as One.
Divided by Zero.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect us.

My Projects:
• D4v3 GUI
Cr4ck3r J4ck
BashPwnGrooveshark Client
Low Orbit Ion Cannon for iOS/Android/Desktop

#13 User is offline   olibi 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi. Im olibi. Im not a hacker, but if there is one thing I love in this locked down system we love its finding ways to unlocking it.
Im an IT hobbyist only but its a fun hobby. Anything that is about opening up new possibilities has me interested.

For me; Its only fun until you've proven its possible/that i can do it.

#14 User is offline   The Mac Hacker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I'm Chris, I am really interested in terminal, and how it works. I just got my new Mac book pro like 2 weeks ago, and I want to see what I can do with it ^.^

Hey, wth happend to icons on iOS, I can't see mine

Kaiden bie

If you think mac's are going to dominate the market, put an ~ at the end of your post
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Andrew 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hey, my name is medit, I started off a school program aimed at using macs, I thought they weren't as good at first, but now i have come to realise, they are actually good and probs more user friendly in a manner that you can get much more out of them. I am not good at all at this stuff though =.= as you can see im obviously getting introduced to this mac world :D

#16 User is offline   Joshua159258 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hello, fellow Mac Pimps! My name is of no concern to u, so I guess you will just hav2 call me qwerty! I am a 1* year old kid from ****burg, ***gon... I do this for fun!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken a class in visual basic my softmore year in High school... I have also coded my own custom Low Orbit Ion Cannon Suite which is currently a desktop version of LOIC writen in javascript, an iPhone app for LOIC, and a mobile website for LOIC.

We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.
United as One.
Divided by Zero.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect us.

My Projects:
• D4v3 GUI
Cr4ck3r J4ck
BashPwnGrooveshark Client
Low Orbit Ion Cannon for iOS/Android/Desktop

#17 User is offline   master 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hey! As you can tell my name is master. I am a computer programmer. I have experience in JAVA, HTML, C++, and PHP. I bought my first Mac a year ago and it's a 21.5" iMac loaded with a 3.07 Ghz i3 processor and 4 GB's of RAM. I really don't know that much about Mac security and security in general. I know a couple of things but I'm looking to learn new things about my Mac, about it's security, and security in general. Well, that was a little about me and I hope to have a great time here at HackMac.
"Write once, run everywhere" - Sun Microsystems

#18 User is offline   WhiteHat 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

I'm a white hat hacker, I am not a programmer or anything, The only thing i can get close to programmer is grammer. I'm good with computers but. IF u need help then I'm always free to answer any questions. Hopefully i can help you people out somehow :)

#19 User is offline   Robin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

He I'm Robin and I'm still need to go to school :(
i like to try some things with applescript and I'm good with iOS (jailbreaks and thinks like that).
i like to help anyone as far as i can.
now learning to work with Xcode

#20 User is offline   RetroBlade 

• HackMac.org Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationKansas

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hello, my name is Christian White and I am currently a nobody. I go to school, I am 14 and can't wait to get out, I love hacking and programming. I know a bit of bash and a fair amount of applescript but nothing else. Even though I may not be as smart as everyone else I am just as willing to help you.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users